[openbeos] Re: Question about Jobs(Command Line)

  • From: "shatty" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:13:31 -0700

One feature that would be really nice is if cat would use DMA.  Currently the
BFS driver uses DMA if you request a sufficiently large block size. (>64KB?)

This size is settable in the kernel file, but I have no idea how to
programmatically access the current setting.  If anyone knows that information
I would really like to know it for media kit purposes as well.

Andrew