[haiku] Re: Python on Haiku

  • From: Roland Plüss <roland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 20:18:49 +0200

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> On 2009-09-07 at 01:14:40 [+0200], Roland Plüss <roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Figure out how dynamic library loading works again on BeOS. Some
>> modifications on the source files to deal with this and there we are, it
>> compiles and runs! :D . My first project ( smaller, script language used
>> by the main project, including dynamic sub modules and so forth )
>> compiling and running on Haiku out of the box. Now is that cool or is
>> that cool? ;=) [ http://rptd.ch/misc/haiku/first_compile_woot.png ]
>>

> Good to hear the whole BeOS compatibility is not utterly useless. ;-)
>
> BTW, besides the BeOS API style dynamic loading (load_add_on(),...) Haiku
> sports the POSIX dynamic loading API (dlopen(), dlsym(),...) -- built into
> libroot.
>
> CU, Ingo

Nice to know. I guess though I stay with the BeOS style loading since I
use anyways a compile symbol already to determine which OS I'm compiling
for. I prefer to use the native OS solutions where possible for added
performance. Now comes though the big project and this is going to be
more difficult to port over. One problem is OpenGL 3.0 . Another is
OpenAL. And finally there is FOX-ToolKit which I think has no port yet
too. Well, let's see how much of the available modules I can compile
with those dependencies missing.

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland