[haiku] Re: Putting things in perspective

  • From: Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:45:43 -0400

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:14 PM, DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Amen. Having seen things from the inside and now from the outside, I agree
> 100%. Then again, couldn't we all use a little leniency when we mess up? :)
>
> --DarkWyrm

I hope that will be the case. Most people want to do the right thing. If
they make a mistake the response should be "ok, you didn't know, these are
our guidelines and we want to work it out with you to best serve the Haiku
community."
However, if the attitude is: "You are in violation of our guidelines. Why
didn't you RTFM? Cease and desist!" then that will create enemies and they
will cause all sorts of problems and haiku Inc will not be able to deal with
them.