[haiku] Re: Putting home on another filesystem

  • From: "SMC.Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 22:10:37 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----From: David Given
I'd rather like to devote two partitions to Haiku --- one for the mainroot
filesystem, which I can obliterate at will in order to upgrade to anew release,
and one for /boot/home containing all my data, which isn'ttouched.

How do I do this on Haiku? Is there an equivalent of /etc/fstabsomewhere? I
have in the past experimented with making /boot/home asymbolic link, but it's
not really very satisfactory...

Thats exactly what I do, I symlink the folder on the storage drive back to the
root directory, works wonderfully well or did, I haven't upgraded my primary
partition as of yet.

Sean