[openbeos] Re: Pulling Together Before We All Pull Apart (newsletter 16)

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:05:22 -0400

> We should ask their author if they would mind giving the code, or
> maybe putting it in the "restricted" vault, so it would still
> be "closed" source, but not to everybody, so some ppl could
> continue working on it. I think BeUnited already has done things
> on this side.

We've contacted a few, and will likely gather some source to a couple
of apps so far.  We need to determine with the original authors whether
the apps will remain closed source or open, and as to licensing costs
if closed.  But, yeah, we have been working this issue a bit.  :)

As far as needing a central repository of information place, if anyone
wants to create a site and maintain it - I'll say again, BU will host
it.  ;)  But, as Andrew has found out, right _now_ will not happen,
until the server move is complete - and as many of you on the glass
elevator list know, this is not going very smoothly.  :/

Deej