[haiku] Re: Propose for banning (was Reducing paper waste at conferences)

  • From: "Charlie Clark" <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:42:05 +0100

Am 18.12.2009, 08:45 Uhr, schrieb Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I want to propose that Alexandre Deckner be banned from Haiku mailing lists.

-1

The very suggestion reminds me somehow of Grouch Marx' rules for joining clubs! - "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member".

FWIW, Jorge, I agree with some of the points you have made on the complexities, and indeed the ironies, of ecological computing. Nevertheless, I agree with others (as I have said previously and far less diplomatically) who have said that you do, on occasion, go too far when unable to convince others to adopt your position. At some point personal insults become the atention grabbers of last resort. Remember, a good compromise leaves everybody mad and that it is sometimes better to agree to disagree and that the little book of clichés not is the fountain of knowledge!

I would say that I would be walking away from this except that I think the flyers are still a good idea and would like to be able to use them at events such as FOSDEM where the HSA will be attending, but we will print them locally. Is that okay with you?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20