[haiku] Re: Propose for banning (was Reducing paper waste at conferences)

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:24:37 -0800

Hi Ryan,

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have to say that the lack of seriousness that some of the core devs in
leading positions of the project have shown by trying to justify or play
down this sort of incident is truly disappointing...

Believe it or not, you have a very consistent ability to rile people
up and create negativity where there was none before. We have all seen
it again and again, and on various occasions you have even admitted to
having a "blunt" style that people should get used to. Well I think
you should get used to fact that if you rile people up they will
eventually have an outburst.

You are making a generalization to justify the irrational behavior of just a few. I have admitted to being blunt and still do, but in the sense that I go straight to the point without runarounds. This and the fact that I have a critical eye annoys people because in most cases it points to the uncomfortable or inconvenient truth. I see acting otherwise as hypocritical, which I have never been and will never be (at least not knowingly).

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki