[haiku] Re: Project Teams pages

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:24:44 +0200

Matt Madia wrote:
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:12, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It could also be a place to put the corresponding nicknames, as that can be
hard to grasp for newcomers. As a bonus, a little image/photo per people
could also bring a nice human touch.

+1 *but* please ask the person before adding them.
like have this as an opt-in and not a 'please remove me.'
I agree.
In the past, some svn committers voiced privacy concerns -- especially
for irc.
eg,  a newcomer signs in, recognizes a nickname and continually asks
that single person instead of the channel.
Sure, i see ;-) But it is kind of inevitable in a public project anyway. If someone asks me what's the nick of someone i just tell him. Maybe on the contrary having more known nicks would dispatch the burden :) On a related note, having more ops on #haiku might also help with that, if people feel like they received an official answer to their questions, they will stop hunting for axeld (just an example;))

Regards,
Alex