[openbeos] Re: Problems with pictures.

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 16:21:57 +0100

Hello,

>Ahh cool. I got it now, and with that I would say the Keyboard
>preference app is pretty much finished.

Cool :)

>I am a bit confused why mine is only 58k and the original Be one is
>~154k... what could be in that, perhaps debugging code or something?

Debugger Symbols, probably...... Something like that....

>>PS: This would be a message to send to the bedevtalk list really :)
>
>Is that list still up and running? I lost track of where they all went
>after be moved them away from their own servers.

Yeah, there is still one, it is now at bedevtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
although I don't have a subscribe URL ready :(

>I *really* wish we could have all the mailing lists in one place....

Well, bedevtalk is really a list focussed on current (BeOS R5) stuff
and the like, and this list (openbeos) is focused on the stuff we're
doing, rebuilding BeOS into OpenBeOS :) So that is 2 different parties,
so 2 different locations..... Maybe somebody could create an overview
page listing all the relevant mailing lists for (Open)BeOS
development.....

>Is there no way we could get :
>
>user-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>developer-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>general-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>future-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxx (or GE-talk@...)
>
>and a few others maybe.

We could, but we might not want that :) openbeos.org is currently SF,
and SF is developer-focused, in this case devs for the OBOS project.
Generic BeOS dev questions, and generic C++ questions, for that matter,
should go to a different list to keep the volume of messages down
here..... so the obos devs keep time to do actual coding :)))

>If its a dedicated server we need on the internet, then I would be
>willing to put money into a fund to pay for this sort of thing, and I
>am a Linux/Solaris admin in my day job so I could also help admin the
>thing.

That is a kind offer :)

Regards,

Ithamar.