[haiku] Re: Problems on a ASUS eeepc 901

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:15:56 -0500

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 14:47:23 +0100, Neil Munro wrote:
Hi all
        I am having issues on the aforementioned machine, I can
only run the live cd for so long before I am dropped to the kernel
debugger and I can't complete the system installation as after a
seemingly random error occurs during installation and the same thing
happens, I would like to help track down this issue if possible, I
will be able to provide more information on tuesday if required.

If I can help develop the solution I would be happy to help with that
too.

When you see a random "white" screen it can be a KDL (Kernel Crash) or
a gdb prompt (App server crash)

Either way, if your keyboard works, type bt once to get a back trace
and take a picture of the text.

1) do a search on dev.haiku-os.org for a few lines of that back trace.
2) if you can't find any existing issues, open a new issue:

  Open a new bug on dev.haiku-os.org along the lines of:

   "<KDL/GDB> on eeepc 901, <error Message>"
   Choose KDL or GDB based on what you saw... replace <error message>
   with one of the important looking lines.

   The description should be what you were doing before this happened
   and the hardware details.

   Attach the screenshot to the ticket.

Thanks!
  -- Alex