[openbeos] Re: Problem while building haiku on linux (solved with a dirty hack)

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 21:08:52 +0200

On 2007-05-04 at 20:31:23 [+0200], Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi all,
> I finally installed a 32-bit linux distro (gNewSense 1.1) and built
> Haiku from SVN on it.
> While doing that, I got a problem with src/tools/fs_shell/vfs.cpp.
> Here's some jam output:
[...]
> I was too tired to actually track down this issue seriously, so I just
> substitued LLONG_MAX with LONG_LONG_MAX (with the extra underscore)
> and that worked for me.
> The only thing I noticed is that it seems like headers/posix/limits.h
> didn't get included, but my /usr/include/limits.h (from the internal
> gcc limits.h) did instead. I tell you this since I don't know if it's
> supposed to work this way.

It's indeed supposed to work this way. headers/posix/* are Haiku's headers,
while the bfs_shell is built for the host platform and thus must use the host
platform's headers. ATM, I have no idea, why defining _GNU_SOURCE doesn't
cause the LLONG_* macros to be defined on some Linux distros. glibc has been
providing this feature for years.

> Anyway I'd like to implement some interpolation algorithms (linear,
> not-a-knot cubic splines, whittaker-shannon sinc convolution) for the
> haiku audio mixer this weekend. Do you accept patches?

I suppose we do. But that's Marcus' domain.

CU, Ingo