[haiku] Re: Problem to mount device (ATA disk)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 23:59:43 +0200

Hi,

On 2010-05-20 at 22:58:58 [+0200], Antonio Alves Junior
<alvesjunior.antonio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am having some troubles to mount a partitions of my HD.
>
> I'm doing like that:
>
> /tmp/hd> mount -t ext4 /dev/disk/ata/0/master/
> 0    1    1_0  2    3    raw
>
> /tmp/hd> mount -t ext4 /dev/disk/ata/0/master/3 .
> mount: No such device

The -t option should take the name of the filesystem add-on, not the actual
type of the partition. So it should be "etx2" (which is all that Haiku
has). If your actual file system uses features that our ext2 add-on does
not implement, mounting will not work. Finally I am not sure if Haiku
supports mounting a filesystem anywhere but the VFS root. So I think you
need to try creating the mount point there. If you don't see the partition
in the mount menu of Tracker, I think it's a pretty good indication that it
won't work. This isn't true for mounting all types of filesystems, some are
indeed not integrated with the auto-detection. But for all the actual disk
filesystems, this should be the case. Hope this helps! :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan