[openbeos] Printing the Tracker

  • From: "Allen, Ben" <Ben_Allen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:06:33 -0500

Before I get started I want to apologize if this is more an OpenTracker thing
than an OS thing, I just had the idea and didn't know who else to contact.

I was thinking that one thing OBOS could use (and I haven't seen it in other
OS's before) is an option to print a tracker view.  For example, my People
folder makes a nicely organized address book on screen, but quickly becomes
less useful when I can't print it out.  I know I can print a screen shot but it
wouldn't quite have the same effect.  Perhaps there is an easy way for a
tracker view to be translated into a printable (HTML perhaps?) document to be
printed.  This is not the only instance where this would be helpful, I have had
several times I can remember wanting this feature and having to settle for a
copy-paste from the terminal.  As mentioned above, I haven't seen this feature
in other operating systems which makes me think it may be beyond just a OT
issue.  I could be totally off on this, just thought I'd throw it out and see
what happened.  Thanks folks for all you do!

Ben