[haiku] Printer/printing status in Haiku?

  • From: "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6723@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:18:53 +0000

What is the status of printing, especially laser and ink-jet, in Haiku,
compared to Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD?

I have a printer, HP LaserJet Professional 1212nf MFP, that refuses to set up
in NetBSD and FreeBSD with hplip. All I have left is to see if it will set up
in NetBSD with wine, using the MS-Windows way (small chance, but leave no stone
unturned).

My question for this list is how Haiku compares in this general area with Linux
and BSD.

I don't think there is any wine build for Haiku (www.winehq.org).

Should I have sent this query to another list, like haiku-devel or one of the
lists dealing with haikuports and 3rd party, or is this the appropriate place
to start?

Tom