[openbeos] Re: Preferences/File Help

  • From: "Brian Matzon" <maillinglists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:14:25 +0100

> format. Maybe we should simply go with flattened BMessages, ASCII, or XML
> with my vote going for BMessages. Thoughts, anyone?

Im actually torn on this one...
I'd prefer BMessages, however if we choose XML we would indirectly (unless
we
roll our own) be forced to use Xerces, which would mean it would be
distributed with
all editions of OBOS - which is a good thing (devs and users)... right?

And especially since I have some devious plans regarding the Translation Kit
(text
translators using xml/xslt with Xerces and Xalan - not discussed with team!)

/Brian Matzon