[openbeos] Re: Practical File System Design PDF distribution

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:05:57 -0300

Dominic released it into public domain, AFAIK (it is available on his site). And he is the author. But I don't know how legal or not it is for us to have it on our site. We can just link it to his site if that's a problem. :)

-Bruno

Jorge Mare wrote:
Hi,

We received an email from Elsevier Publishing asking whether we have
permission to distribute the Practical File System Design PDF that we
have on our website (the BFS related book written by Dominic
Giampaolo).

http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/practical-file-system-design.pdf

I do not know if we ever got permission from anyone, or how the
decision was made to post this document on the server. But to avoid
any problems, I will remove the file from the server for now and link
to Dominic's page instead.

Michael: CCing you in case you know something about this.

If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know. I would like to
reply to Elsevier as soon as possible. Also, would anyone here have
Dominic's email?

Thanks,

Jorge