[openbeos] Re: Practical File System Design PDF distribution

  • From: "Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:27:21 -0700

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Raymond C. Rodgers <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Excellent! How did things get worked out, if you don't mind my
> asking?
> (Presuming of course you were privy to the details.) :-)

> François Revol wrote:
> Actually the question is why were they asking if the publisher was
> another one ?
> Or did they inherited (or thought they did) some rights from the old
> one and wanted to use them ?
>
> I was wondering the same thing actually, but I decided that they must have
> some professional interest in the book to start this trouble. Of course,
> like I said in an earlier email, Haiku is hardly the only place where this
> book could be found on the web, so they had their work cut out for them if
> they were going to shut down every site hosting it.

The question came from a lawyer who was not aware of the agreement
between Elsevier and Dominic. Once I passed on the information that
Dominic had provided to me (with regards to the rights of the book),
and he verified it, he agreed that it was a misunderstanding (on his
part) and apologized.

Look at the bright side: now we have the certainty that we are not
violating anyone's rights, and it is documented for the record.

Jorge