[openbeos] Re: Practical File System Design PDF distribution

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:49:54 -0400

François Revol wrote:
Jorge Mare wrote:
Just a quick updated.

We are clear on distributing the file from both Elsevier and Dominic,
so the PDF file is back on our server.

Thanks to both!

Jorge
Excellent! How did things get worked out, if you don't mind my asking? (Presuming of course you were privy to the details.) :-)

Actually the question is why were they asking if the publisher was another one ? Or did they inherited (or thought they did) some rights from the old one and wanted to use them ?

François.

I was wondering the same thing actually, but I decided that they must have some professional interest in the book to start this trouble. Of course, like I said in an earlier email, Haiku is hardly the only place where this book could be found on the web, so they had their work cut out for them if they were going to shut down every site hosting it.

Raymond