[openbeos] Re: Pentium 4, newer AMD support

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 14:29:33 +0100 (MET)

We already talked a bit about it here.
Well, first NewOS is the official OBOS kernel,
and it already has been ported to several CPU/architectures.
As for the userland kits, well, it's just plain C++,
and we only want to try to keep binary compatibility on the current BeOS
platforms (well, x86 at least).

So I don't see what could prevent us from recompiling all the stuff for
Alpha or Dreamcast, or anything else, as long as we have
the docs and the time to do that.
Though the x86 and also ppc are the first priority targets.

François.