[openbeos] Re: PartitionManager for DriveSetup: why not use Parted?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:54:56 CEST (+0200)

> > Speaking of which, you OpenBFS guys (AxelD and BGA), do you have
> > any
> > plans on making OpenBFS dynamically resizable, for cases like this?
> Also it hasn't been proved that BFS can't be dinamically resized. At
> least it is possible to do that if it would not mean changing the
> block
> size. It is only that no one coded a tool to do that yet.

Yep, I considered it once, and wouldn't I have to replicate the real
thing, maybe I would already have done it.
The only trouble-maker with resizing a partition is the block bitmap,
which will grow, so that everything behind it (the log starts
immediately after the bitmap, then come the indices) have to move until
they find a place.

Adios...
   Axel.