[openbeos] Page Fault at 0x0, 0x0 during boot

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:55:46 -0400

Hi folks,
I just wanted to pass this along. I built an image under Linux, and installed it to a flash drive per the flashnul program and instructions referenced here last week. Before I tried booting it, I booted BeOS Max in VirtualPC 2007, mounted the image, and used the BeOS Install program to install Haiku to a freshly initialized drive (well, drive image file). That installation of Haiku booted right away and the only problem I had was that the emulated network card wasn't either supported or working. I don't know if there was a problem with the driver or what.

So, I figured that the same image would work from the flash drive, and gave it a whirl. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Haiku booted until the final icon, and then I won a free trip to KDL, citing a Page Fault at 0x0, 0x0.

My system specs for those interested are as follows:

Asus M2NBP-VM CSM motherboard
AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ (dual core)
2 GB RAM (PC6400)
128 MB flash drive

Unfortunately I don't have a null modem cable at this point in time to try to capture debug info, but I'll look into that this weekend.

Raymond