[haiku] Re: Packgagemanagement Enhancedment

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:51:01 +0200

On 29.09.2014 15:17, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
On 09/29/2014 02:54 PM, Axel Dörfler wrote:
If I support to open all files (somehting like DiskProbe), or text files
(ie. common MIME types that are part of Haiku anyway), this information
cannot be found in the MIME DB contributions, or am I missing something
here?
You probably are. At least I don't see why these types would be handled
differently.

Ah, so while I would (as an application writer) only put the supported file types into the application resources, the MIME DB would be updated to include that information, too, after the first start?
How is something like image/* expressed, then?

Bye,
   Axel.