[haiku] Re: Package Manager:

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 10:10:22 +0200

On 5/27/2012 5:22 AM, Sean Collins wrote:

Thank you, so you think a software developer will want to contract at
50hrly give or take ?

What I'm saying is that in my situation, that's the minimum I'd need. I don't know what others would need for their specific situation.

If I had the necessary skills, I would probably be willing to live on the minimum in order to see a project I feel invested in come to completion. But I would not be willing to give up current stable employment to do so.

This is based on living near a major metropolitan area with a wife and three children. Someone in a smaller town or with a smaller family might need less, someone living in a big city (rather than just near one) might need more.