[openbeos] Re: PPP Stack Implementation

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:31:18 +0200 CEST

"Peter Müller" <ttest@xxxxxx> wrote:
> at the moment I'm woking on implementing a PP stack in Java and
> therefore I
> have taken a close look at the Haiku PPP implementation. I've also
> studied
> the PPP RFC (1661). I think I have found a detail where th Haiku
> implementation doesn't conform to the spec.
> Before going into detail I wanna ask if this is the right place to
> discuss
> this and if anybody here feels responsible for the PPP stack.

Unfortunately, the developer of our PPP stack has left the project (and
computers) for personal reasons. But he agreed to help out with any
questions we might have, so I'll give you his address privately. But
since he probably won't fix any bugs in that code, it wouldn't hurt to
tell us the problem you found, so that one day, someone that has a look
at his code can fix that (we even have a bug tracker for these things :
-)).

We have a networking related list which would be more appropriate, but
this list will do as well.

> PS: It took me a while to find this mailing list, is it on purpose
> that the
> mailing list is not mentioned on haiku-os.org, or maybe deeply hidden
> in the
> site?

It might not be easy to find, but it's not really deeply hidden:
Experience/Resources -> the first paragraph on the top. But anyway,
thanks for finding it and reporting it!

Bye,
   Axel.