[haiku] Re: PPC Status Update.

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:51:56 -0500

Quoting Andrew McCall <andrew.mccall@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Folks,

I have seen a few commits that "fix" the PPC build recently. I was
just wondering about the status of the PPC port.  Can anyone
(bonefish? axeld?) give a quick status update of where the PPC port is
up to please?

This email isn't intended to be the start of a "Why PPC? ARM is better
or Focus on x86" etc. etc. etc. discussion - I would just like a quick
one line update on the status of the port would be great.

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall
andrew.mccall@xxxxxxxxx

I was working on getting PPC compiled on a Linux x86_64 machine and saw some compile issues. Working with bonefish's advice I was able to get 90% compiled. (which is what r29804 is)

These patches are just an attempt to get the PPC port back to where it was before moving to GCC 4.3.3 :)

Personally I've booted the PPC code on a Apple Quicksilver G4 and gotten to the boot loader. The kernel has quickly crashed every time I've tried it though. (this was some months ago).

Thanks!

Alexander von Gluck IV
PGP ID: 0x2414F7DC
http://unixzen.com

"The way to find what the mainstream will do tomorrow is to associate with the lunatic fringe today." -- 1995, Jean-Louis Gassée

believed to be clean.