[openbeos] Re: POSIX headers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 03:16:20 +0200 CEST

"Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > You just need to add the function prototype to the header, you
> > don't
> > have to implement the function. Just take the same declaration as
> > found
> > in the original BeOS header and you're done.
> > We are an open source project, if you miss something do something
> > against it (bother the one who is responsible, and if there is
> > none, do
> > it yourself).
>     Is there none? :-)))

I want to talk to my lawyer now :)

>     OK, I'll see what I can do.

That sounds better :))

> > >     How can we build, if we don't have basic functionality, like
> > > round() for example...
> > Oh, how could we survive the last year without *THAT* function in
> > our
> > headers? Who cares?
>     Do you think I am the ONLY one who misses it? round() is a very
> popular
> function...you know...

Maybe we can talk it into joining our headers... maybe even its not-so-
popular friends, lround() and llround().

> > >     Didn't you guys said some time ago, that we'll use R5's
> > > libroot.so until ours is done?
> > What do you mean by this? We use BeOS libraries when we link an R5
> > app,
> > we use our libraries when we build an OpenBeOS app, and we always
> > use
> > our headers.
>     Sorry! I wanted to say R5's POSIX headers.

Okay, it's much easier to check our headers in a daily use - as you
obviously learned, that way, we are able to track down missing function
prototypes, etc :-)

Adios...
   Axel.