[openbeos] Re: PLEASE use standard make environments

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 19:14:45 EDT (-0400)

> > > OK, listen - we have a net team! Yes we do! We even have the
> > > start of
> > > libnetapi.so started. It's there in CVS.
> >
> > Oh, and there isn't any actual code in CVS. All the functions
> > return
> > B_ERROR or -1 or something.
>
> Really. You mean we have prototypes and so on, just no bodies...
> Hmm,
> sounds like code to me!
>
> Why is there no more? Well, basically as we're still developing the
> libnet.so and that's what they want to build on. I'd rather they (the
> guys
> doing the C++ librarry) just went directly against the stack, but
> it's their
> choice and I can understand it.

My point is that there's no reason to go apeshit at me for duplicating
code that wasn't even written in the first place. Further, as I
mentioned in my earlier mail, this work wasn't even done in connection
with the OBOS net stack. I'm not treading on your toes. At all.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
                -- Wernher von Braun