[openbeos] Re: Our posix headers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:09:52 CEST (+0200)

Jack Burton <burton666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A question:
> When will we begin using our posix headers? To test well BString, for
> example, I need our headers, since Be ones lack some functions
> (strcasestr,
> for example). I could throw a temporary header for those, but this
> isn't
> the point.
> Are our posix headers ready to be used?

The ones we have in headers/posix are supposed to be usable, but there
are many headers missing right now, so we can't use them yet.
Just create a temporary set of functions/prototypes for them in your
BString implementation; you can't use them anyway in BeOS, because it
doesn't implement them, and you can't just link against our libc, too.

Getting our posix headers and libroot complete is one of the next
things I will work on, if nobody else gets this task first.

Adios...
   Axel.