[openbeos] Re: Organizational question

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:54:18 +0200

Matthijs Hollemans wrote:

Oh, I have another possible Perforce con. I once heard that Perforce does
not compress the data. Is this true? If so, is that only on the server or
also when it transmits the data over the network?

Compressed our CVS repository is about 35 MB, uncompressed it is 175 MB. I
would hope that Perforce doesn't force you into downloading 175 MB when you
do a checkout.

Does anyone know if this is really true or am I seeing ghosts?

The default setting is to not use compression for communication, but you can enable it with the "p4 client" command. At least this is what I read in the manual.

Bye,
Waldemar