[openbeos] Re: Openness (was: Re: donations again)

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:33:27 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jorge once published summaries of the admin logs (with boring
> talk stripped ;). It would be nice to have that, again, but nobody
> seems to have time to do it.

There must be some motivated and well respected community
member that could take on this task and participate in the admin
group, without it taking resources from development. I think I know
at least one person. (Not me.)

I suggest that you in the admin group make a list of interesting
and potentially interested people, ask them privately and if no
one accepts, announce the opportunity here and we can all have
a go at it.

> To a large part they're boring dev talk (e.g., discussing a bug),
> but sometimes we also discuss things that should be
> stripped (e.g., personal talk).

I'm sure its worthwhile and interesting. :-)

> > Where/how are the admin group discussions carried out?
>
> Nice try. :)

"Blast! Damn you all!" ;)

> We really need more people who do non-development tasks
> (marketing, dontaions/money, web shop, etc.). Then, we might
> have more time/manpower to post admin meeting summaries.
> We'll try to find a solution, but it's difficult without enough
> manpower.

I suppose it won't happen unless you open up to a few more good people.

People can hurt the project, run off with the money, taint the code
with GPL or the leaked source of BeOS, and what not, but not letting
people in hurts the project too.

/Jonas Sundström.