[openbeos] Re: Openness (was: Re: donations again)

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:37:03 +0200

Hi Jonas,

On 5/11/07, Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would suggest that we alternate some of the things
> Michael has to take care of on ie. a monthly basis in
> our admin group

Is the admin group == the admin team?

Yes.

With these members:
"
    * Michael Phipps  Project Leader
    * Axel Dörfler  Lead Developer

    * Tyler Akidau
    * Bruno G. Albuquerque
    * Stephan Assmus
    * Stefano Ceccherini
    * Jérôme Duval
    * Phil Greenway
    * Philippe Houdoin
    * Waldemar Kornewald
    * Michael Lotz
    * Jorge G. Mare
    * Marcus Overhagen
    * Michael Pfeiffer
    * Oliver Tappe
    * Ingo Weinhold
    * Jon Yoder, a.k.a. DarkWyrm
"

Basically, yes. Maybe a few more or less. Jorge isn't in the group,
anymore, for example.

Has anything been done to increase the openness of this
decision body, such as logging the meetings, or at least publish
results and decisions?

Jorge once published summaries of the admin logs (with boring talk
stripped ;). It would be nice to have that, again, but nobody seems to
have time to do it. To a large part they're boring dev talk (e.g.,
discussing a bug), but sometimes we also discuss things that should be
stripped (e.g., personal talk).

Where/how are the admin group discussions carried out?

Nice try. :)
Well, we mostly discuss on a private mailing list and meet in a chat room.

These are important things as the leadership has to earn the trust
and investment of time done by the people who are -not- privy to the
information shared and discussed in this group, regardless whether
the admin group invests the largest amount of time. Time and money
is precious and there are a lot of givers in the Haiku community.

We really need more people who do non-development tasks (marketing,
dontaions/money, web shop, etc.). Then, we might have more
time/manpower to post admin meeting summaries. We'll try to find a
solution, but it's difficult without enough manpower.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald