[openbeos] Re: Openness

  • From: "Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:41:22 +0200

2007/5/15, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

First of all: you don't have to write a "brilliant piece of code".
That's nonsense and I think it was meant as a joke. :)
All you need to do is send us a few patches. If someone *seriously*
wants to contribute he will get commit access very quickly. The point
is: we don't give away commit access for free. Simply saying "I want
SVN write access" without having shown that you will actually
contribute won't help.

Seriously, how difficult is it to change a few lines of code, "svn
diff", and send the patch to us? I don't believe that this is a
show-stopper. Anyone claiming this can't be serious about
contributing.

Indeed. Just think about how you can contribute to any other OSS
project. Actually we are much more "easy" regarding svn write
access... try to write a mail to the linux kernel mailing list saying
you want write access to the repository and you'll see. At least here
you CAN get write access, if you show you are an active and capable
developer (Hugo Santos, for example, got write access in no time,
since Axel couldn't bear the amount of patches he was sending him :-P
)