[openbeos] Re: Openness

  • From: Timothy Brown <stimbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:02:23 +1000

I like this idea of small, couple of sentence updates too. As a
professional developer wanting to get involved in the Haiku OS project, it
is just nice to know that things are progressing, and what the current
focus is.

I suspect the main problem (or at least reason it isn't being done
already) is that the progress at the moment is mostly just churning out
code, and is probably deemed to be quite uninteresting. But that's not
really the point of why I would like it implemented. The point is to show
the community that something is going on and that the devs have a focus
(even if it is only because component X seems to be unstable at the moment
so we are going on a bit of a bug hunt).

If it doesn't get implemented, it is not the end of the world since there
is the blog page already implying activity is going on.

Cheers,
Timothy Brown (aka Stim)