[openbeos] Re: Openness

  • From: Shane Moore <Shane.Moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:48:43 +1000

Jonas Sundström wrote:
"Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
what are the rules of engagement,

To get write access to the code store, which interests me more
than being on the admin team, one has to either submitt some brilliant piece of code and stay in the game, or simply clog the bug tracker with large enough numbers of bug reports and patches
so as to hit the administrative bottle-neck. ;)

I've done neither yet, but I'm working on it!

I think this write-access issue, and not knowing how to get it without the 'brilliant piece of code' was the main reason why I did not end up contributing back when I had much more time (a few years ago), though the recent announcement of wanting people to help with documentation has re-ignited my hopes of maybe being able to contribute to Haiku in some small way.

(I have not pursued looking to gain write access for about 2 years.)