[openbeos] Re: Openness

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:01:31 +0200 CEST

"Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.freelists.org/archives/openbeos/05-2007/msg00100.html

Here I go away for two days and look what happens! :]

I'm sorry for the hard words that have been exchanged in this
thread, but I suppose that is part of life.

I truly respect the developers who have contributed in volume to
Haiku. I'm not asking for democracy or for insane openness. I'm
kind of happy that the inmates are running the asylum. ;)

I understand the lack of resources and motivation.
You hardly need a summary of your own discussion.

But, if admin-group meeting summaries of non-sensitive discussion
were posted regularly, I'm sure myself and possibly others would
feel less in the dark. It doesn't have to be much. Just a couple of
sentences. E.g.

"The admin group welcomes member X.
Component Y is bad and needs to be redesigned.
We discussed distros and using the Haiku trademarks."

/Jonas Sundström.