[openbeos] Re: Openness

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 16:21:44 +0200

On 2007-05-14 at 15:33:00 [+0200], Hugo Santos <hugosantos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   You missed the point. The admin team decided and now you will
> enforce a set of restrictions on _everyone_ developer's contribution.
> Stating that the code can not be used in a certain way effectively
> changes the license concerning derivative work and/or redistribution.
> I'm sure some people who have contributed in the past haven't had
> their position taken into account in that admin team decision.

You are misinformed in this respect. The distribution guidelines we'll soon
publish (I believe they have not been "leaked" yet) don't affect the rights
granted by the MIT license. They only concern Haiku trademarks use. There's
no intention to change the source code license or restrict it by other
means.

CU, Ingo