[openbeos] Re: Openness

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 9:43:01 +0000

> From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2007/05/13 Sun AM 10:27:31 GMT
> To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [openbeos] Re: Openness
>
> To end, I just wish more people made their voice heard on this topic...

The reason they don't is because they recognise the essential futility of the
voicing of an opinion. Any points they make will receive a reply from you
restating your arguments and asking loads more questions. Getting dragged into
a thread almost always results in you having the last word.

The problem I had during our WalterCon discussion was the rarity of occasions
where you agreed with anything I said, and the complete lack of any change in
your position despite the large number of arguments thrown around. On the other
hand, my position changed significantly (WC not feasible until corporate
interest -> interested current community members could be attracted by a more
technical program). In Koki world that's probably because you were right all
along, but I'm sure not everyone sees it like that.

I've been away from email for a day and missed dozens of emails, all of them
pretty long. I'm not completely caught up yet. I, and most others I suspect,
just don't have that amount of time to throw words into a black hole.

That's why my next Haiku act will be producing a "Why Haiku" video presentation
and asking for feedback - doing rather than talking, as people regularly
suggest.

Simon