[openbeos] Re: Openness

  • From: "Matt Madia" <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 23:12:13 -0400

On 5/12/07, Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could I use some help with some administrative tasks? Sure.
WalterCon 2007 needs to be planned. I have survey results that I would
like
broken down in a number of ways. I have a pretty much unending list of
tasks that need to be done. If we had millions in the bank, I would have
an
assistant who I could throw these things to. :-D If anyone wants to
volunteer, mostly all you need to have is a lot of spare time and basic
computer skills. :-D

Michael,  this is a perfect example of why at least some people are a little
put off on the seemingly lack of transparency.

you don't need millions to pay an assistant to do these tasks.
Haiku has a community.  they simply need to be informed of basics.
Maybe it'll get done before you get around to it.  maybe it wont.  who
knows.
At least there'll be a chance of taking the load off your shoulders.

i understand that Haiku Inc., / Admin group cannot simply trust any binky to
handle sensitive matters such as WalterCon et al.

but there's a point where you have to give people an idea of what they can
do to impress/help/assist the powers that be.