[openbeos] Re: Openness

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:35:39 -0700

Hi Charlie.

Charlie Clark wrote:
Am 12.05.2007 um 19:30 schrieb Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki):
Can you make a more intelligent and constructive contribution
to a discussion about some real issues that Haiku is having
as a project?

Wind your neck in yourself, Jorge. I really don't need *your* advice on what do!

Oh, I was just returning the ball that you obviously threw at me. :P

Since "retiring" from Haiku you've been a one-man filibuster, filling this list with hot air under the guise of professionalism. Man it's galling to read how you go for people one after the other until they all give up. Did you decide to leave the admin group to take your arguments to the streets and feed your greedy ego from the discussions? The question is rheotorical. You talk a good talk, I'll give you that, but you're just miles off where Haiku is and, in my view, incredibly disrespectful to those actually doing the hard work of coding.

I may be blunt, I admit that: but my intentions are sincere and for the best interest of Haiku. I doubt that any of the people that I have addressed my messages to (with whom I have a good relationship) feel that I have been disrespectful to them. But if they do, they know they can tell me so in the face and will issue an apology on the spot, right on this list. Plus, they are all adults, so I am sure they can defend themselves.

I'm all for free speech, so feel free to think and write that I am just filling the list with hot air under the guise of professionalism in order to feed my ego. I am bit puzzled, though, as I have also done some hard work for Haiku, and that has apparently not stopped you from being critical of my actions. Double standard? Or code is all that counts to gain respect? :P

Cheers,

Koki