[openbeos] Re: [Open-beos-cvs]CVS: current/src/prefs/datatranslationsDataTranslationsWindow.cpp,1.2,1.3

  • From: Eike Dehling <e.e.dehling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:38:32 +0200

IMHO, one of them is the format for storing preferences.

I vote for a human-editable format. (or additional command-line preference tools?) Command-line clows can edit it easier then :) With no trouble for the gui users. (they wouldn't even notice)

Another is the style and "flavor" of the preferences. Most of them look the
same, but some are different.
I think that we need to standardize them at some point.

I think that point is R2. If the worst criticism of R1 is that the bevels are off, well, some critics need real jobs. ;-)

Philippe Houdoin <phoudoin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote (as CVS checkin comment):

Give (back!?) this belevel aspect to background view.

Some of the original prefs apps have it, most of them don't. I would vote for a) consistency, and b) against the bevel border.
What do you guys think?

Adios...
 Axel.

.