[openbeos] Re: OpenSound v4 in BeOS and Haiku updates

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:34:28 +0200 CEST

> > Sadly, OSS causes problems under Zeta (Kernel panic).  I've
> > attached the
> syslog, but it doesn't contain much usable data.
> After several false kernel panics, the only valid messages I received
> were:

Well I don't have an HDA hardware to test here...
The offsets in the functions on the stack crawl could help, and the
regs if possible.
Oddly the do_corb_read() function calls corb_write at the beginning,
which accesses the same structs and pointers, so I suppose it those
were invalid it would crash there first, so it's likely something it
uses alone.

> There are 2 cards in this box.  A separate Creative X-Fi Deluxe Music
> PCI
> card, and an integrated Analog Devices 1988B chipset.  Asus M2n32-
> SLI, A64
> 4400+, 2Gb.

It seems the X-Fi isn't listed yet on
http://manuals.opensound.com/devlists/Linux.html
or maybe under another name.
Is it that one that is HDA or the integrated one ?
Or both ? last rev has "Fixed up bugs in HDAudio driver for multiple HD
codec detection." but it seems not enough. I suggest trying without the
PCI card in to make sure which is the problem.

François.