[openbeos] Re: "OpenSoftwareValet"

  • From: "LewisB" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:25:59 -0600 (CST)

I like this concept.  I may experment with an attribute on my system to
see if I like it
in reality.  The one potential problem would be a developer with the
mindset of MS.
They assume their Application is SOOO usefully they set the attributes
up so their
apps show up on Every category.
LewisB

<snip>
>What I think could be useful though, is if the installed program
>contains attributes which specifies the category of this program.
>Predefined categories would have to be agreed upon, but it would make
an
>automatic management of the "start menu" quite simple. Let me give you
>an example:
>
>Application A is an advance email and collaboration/groupware suite.
It