[openbeos] Re: OpenGL

  • From: "John Gabriele" <jandl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 16:12:14 EST

I just downloaded the Mesa-4.0 files to have a look. For OBOS, is the whole
point to take those Mesa files and use them to crank out new libGL.so and
libbitflinger.so libraries?

It would be really nice if someone could put together a newsletter article
explaining how the above-mentioned shared libs, the app_server (including
the files in /boot/beos/system/add-ons/app_server (?)), the relevant accelerant,
and the relevant driver in /boot/beos/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers folder
would all come together to yield hardware accelerated OpenGL graphics on
OpenBeOS. (Even how it works in s/w rendering mode.)

I'd write this article myself if some experienced folks were willing to email
back and forth with me until I understood it...

---j