[openbeos] Re: OpenGL

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:46:40 -0800

>Time for me to open my big mouth. ;) Be Inc. used and ported Mesa to
use for
>the OpenGL Kit. We have the sources to version 2.3. Granted, it's old,
but I
>think it's better than starting from scratch. I just never checked them
into
>the tree or anything because I couldn't get it to build - not because
it
>doesn't work, but because it needed updated to gcc from Metrowerks and
>wasn't sure what to tweak in the makefiles. We also have a GLUT port
with
>source, too. I realize that the OpenGL kit is more than just the
libraries,
>but you need to have them, too. Anyone feel like playing with this
stuff?

I think we would be better off trying to port the current Mesa code
base, since we'd get OGL 1.3 compliance.  No point in sinking effort
into old stuff.

Just my $.02,

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams