[openbeos] Re: OpenGL

  • From: David Sowsy <dsowsy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:54:58 -0500 (EST)

> Personally, I agree with David -  I think it'd be a good idea to port Mesa
> (assuming license compatibility) and technical feasibility, but that we
> should also have an API that wraps OpenGL so that people can optionally use
> a more familiar (Be-like) API.

Mesa is GPL'ed. It doesn't have to be part of our project, but that's not
to say that someone couldn't build it when we are done. The last verson
I successfully got built I believe was a 3.2 beta on Intel in R4, a couple
years ago and I recall tossing emails back and forth with Duncan Wilcox on
that.

> David has made mention of 3DKit, which we can
> perhaps rebuild into its former glory, albeit as a part of the game kit
> overall, or we can strike out into new territory.
Whoa, whoa...It really never made it to a 'stage of glory'.
It was just an idea.