[openbeos] OpenGL

  • From: John Gabriele <john_m_gabriele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:47:43 -0800 (PST)

I saw this message in the suggestions area of the website:

> obviously, OpenGL has to be supported in some fashion. OpenBeOS has
> stated that the code base will be modeled after R5, but i think that
> the GL implementation should be modeled after the beta BDirectGLWindow,
> rather than R5's current BGLView. the new architecture was designed for
> performance reasons, and i have so far found it to be very efficient
> and robust from a programmer's perspective.

Comments?

Also, can anyone comment on if/how Mesa might fit into all of this?
What sort of porting would be required here? (I personally am very
interested in this area but only have little experience in creating
toy ogl programs -- and none in any system-level ogl stuff.)

I notice on the Teams area of the site that there's no OpenGL Kit
listed... Rob, will ogl fall under the Game Kit somehow?

http://personals.yahoo.com