[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS floppy driver

  • From: burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 15 Dec 2003 13:07:44 -0000

>This morning at 6 am I succesfully transfered the first file from a
>floppy using the OpenBeOS floppy driver :) (and fell on the bed just
>after)
>

>It's slow as hell for now as I transfer each sector at once, but it  works.
>I currently use the PIO mode, and I think if I get it fast enough we
>might
>be able to drop ISA DMA support from the isa bus manager, since it's
>only
>used for that it seems.
>It already supports 720K floppies and double drives, which the R5
>driver
>doesn't know about.

That's great news! I always wanted to copy monkey island (the 16 color version,
which is on 4 DD floppies) on my beos partition, to play it under ScummVM, but
since those 720kb driver weren't supported, I had to surrender. :)
Thank you for your work!

Stanco dello spam nella tua email? Prova GRATIS
il nuovo servizio ANTISPAM di superEva:
http://webmail.supereva.it/spam.html