[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS Applications

  • From: Mike Lee <mlk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 05:27:46 +0100 (MET)

> Perhaps there could be OBOS 'wrapper' APIs that allow easy porting of apps
> using these toolkits, but generate BeOS GUI code?  I agree consistency is

Fine, far enough (but Ge, or more likely it's own 'ttle project on sf), it
should not be used as an excuse for not writing native apps, esp. important
ones like Terminal.

> Mozilla

Please don&#8217;t, by all means rip its engine out and fill it full of Be
goodness. Or even better make a BHTMLView based on
Mozilla[1]/KHTML[2]/NetO[2]. Then Net+2: Revenge of Browser based on BHTMLView.

Mike

[1] I think commercial products build on Mozilla have to pay Netscape. But
we&#8217;d have to check on that.
[2] Are NetO or KHTML GPL? If so then it&#8217;s really out of the question.

--
Mike Lee [ mlk@xxxxxxxxx ]
"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all

http://www.gmx.net