[openbeos] Re: OpenBFS and Zeta

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:17:08 -0300 EST

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:34:45 -0500, Francis Parsons said:

> Sorry if my reading this was imagined, I'm not trying to troll
> here.  However, it is still a good question to ask: I presume
> YellowTab
> *has* tested Zeta with OpenBFS, but does anyone on the OpenBFS team
> or
> elsewhere have firsthand knowledge of what they found? If Zeta
> becomes
> popular even just in the BeOS community, it would not be a good thing
> for
> an incompatibility to exist between OpenBFS and Zeta, and it would be
> important for such a problem to be fixed as early as possible.

Zeta is BeOS. AFAIK, they did not change anything on the VFS layer. So
OpenBFS will work with it. Point is, OpenBFS is not complete yet. There
is at least one major bug that must be fixed.

> YellowTab obviously has access to OpenBFS, but do any members of the
> OpenBFS team have access to Zeta?

No.

> Even if we know OpenBFS does work with Dano, it would be even better
> know that it's verified to work with Zeta

See above.

> - since it's not Dano ;-)

See previous email.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
                -- Beckett