[openbeos] Re: OpenBFS: Read only version finished.

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:49:54 -0300

From: "Michael Noisternig" <michael.noisternig@xxxxxxxxx>

> >That's it! We now have a complete read-only version of BFS with all the
> >bells and whistles. We have a really fast B+Tree implementation and a
> >fast Query parser. Also we have some advantages over the original bfs
> >(as discussed in a previous email) so this, by itself, was an amazing
> >achievement!
>
> That's really amazing! I appreciate your work put into this.

Thank you in behalf of all the OpenBFS team.

> >We hope this helps motivating everyone working on
> >OpenBeOS.
>
> Hope so too. :-)

Actually I guess the net team progress is a better example to be followed.
In one week David Reid came up with a working net stack up to ICMP. And
faster than the current net_server. :)

> >So, the good news is... We are moving to full read/write support. It *
> >WILL* take longer than it took us to write all of this so far, but I
> >would like to point out that we actually finished this part in less
> >than one month (and the timeline we set was to finish it in one month).
>
> What's your next deadline? Two months? ;-)

Heh... I would say 3 months at least. This does not include extensive
testing and we *MUST* do that before calling it release quality. It is a
filesystem, after all... And filesystems are expected to be bug free. :P

-Bruno